By Gary Foulkes, Executive Chef, Angler
- Place three opened oysters into a high-powered blender with the juice of two lemons and a little salt.
- Blend until completely smooth and emulsify with grapeseed oil and finish with a squeeze of lemon.
- Pass through a fine sieve, place into a squeezable plastic bottle and set to one side.
- Place the diced mackerel into a bowl and add the shallots, pink ginger, white soy and crème fraiche, chives, lemon zest and mix together.
- It is important to taste the mix as you can add more of each ingredient should your palette desire.
- Place a circular mould on the plate and carefully place the correct amount of mackerel into each
- Gently smooth the mackerel down with the back of the spoon before placing five equal size dots of the oyster cream on top of the mackerel.
- Finish the dish with batons of the apple, shiso cress and wakame powder.